Stained Glass

All medieval coloured glass has been lost except for fine fragments remaining in the top traceries of two Tudor windows of the chancel and three windows in the South aisle. All other coloured glass within the church is fairly modern.

Our windows:

East window

The Resurrection

In memory of John Royston Pearson 1819-1876 and his wife Elizabeth,
Installed by Pearson Ward and Hughes, London 1891.

North East Window (North aisle)

War Memorial Window

Portraying St Nicholas, representative of Royal Navy; St George representative
Installed by Alexander Gascoigne, Nottingham 1920.

Coloured North Aisle Windows (reading east to west)

The Holy Family

In memory of George Radford
Installed by Alexander Gascoigne, Nottingham 1922

Six scenes of Our Lord’s Life

In memory of Walter James Helwell Price
Installed 1945

St Paul and St Martin

In memory of Major John Lander – killed in Sicily
Installed by Pope and Parr, Nottingham 1943
Designed by H T Hincks

South East Window (South aisle)

St John, St James and the Blessed Virgin Mary

Given by Charlton family
Installed by Alexander Gascoigne

Coloured South Aisle Windows (reading east to west)

Children, Baptism and daily life

 

Dedicated to all day and Sunday school teachers
Given by Miss S W Day
Installed 1986
Designed by Anne Goodman

St Christopher and St Cecilia

 

In memory of the Parents and husband of Mrs E Hammond
Installed by Pope and Parr, Nottm 1960

Window above Chancel Arch

The Ascension

In memory of Rev J Smaridge (Curate 1894-1908)
Installed by Pope and Parr Nottingham 1946
Designed by H T Hincks

West wall

Fragment of coloured glass, relocated from a bombed Sheffield church